AND ANYONE WHO WELCOMES A LITTLE CHILD LIKE THIS ON MY BEHALF IS WELCOMING ME. -MATTHEW 18:5-

Sunday, September 25, 2011

2 Years Ago....

In two days, September 27th, our precious 3 pound, 9 ounce angel was being born.  I was thinking back on it this morning and started to tear up remembering how hard of a time that was for us.  I remember 6am that morning the doctors walking into my hospital room and telling me they needed to deliver the baby that day...and I lay there thinking, "It's too early.  I'm only 31 weeks pregnant!"  It all happened so fast that I never really had time to process it all.  It never really hit me how sick I was...until after.  I wasn't mentally prepared, but I think that was God's way of protecting me from a meltdown.  If I really thought about it and had the time to sit and realize what was happening and how in danger both of us were, I would have lost it.

About 24 hours after Brayden had been born, I was finally able to go see him.  Prior to that I was too sick.  When they wheeled me up to the NICU, this is how I first saw my sweet baby.


The next day he was started on his jaundice treatment.  He looked so frail and tiny.

We eventually got to hold him a day or two later...

...and we were so in love.

I often felt like I was going to break him when I was holding him...

...because he was just so small...

...but amazingly beautiful.

Now we marvel at how grown he is.  We are so amazingly blessed and privileged to be his parents.  It was all worth it.  Every minute of it.  Happy birthday Brayden.  We love you.



2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to our sweetest, adorable little Brayden! Poppy and I fell in love with you the moment we saw you! From that moment, we knew you were a little fighter and that God has big plans for you.

    We love watching you grow and learn new things. And you have the greatest parents that love you more than you will ever understand. We can't get enough of your hugs, kisses and hearing your laughter. Happy Birthday dear Brayden Michael. We love you so much. Poppy and Grammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brayden, you make our hearts melt. These two years have gone by so fast and you have grown into such a big boy from that tiny little peanut we first saw two years ago. You make us laugh and smile with your funny ways. I wish we could be with you every week. We all love you so much and are very blessed that God chose you to be in this family. Happy Birthday and hugs and kisses from Grandma and Grandpa.

    ReplyDelete