AND ANYONE WHO WELCOMES A LITTLE CHILD LIKE THIS ON MY BEHALF IS WELCOMING ME. -MATTHEW 18:5-

Saturday, August 13, 2011

WHAT A WEEK

I'm not even sure how to explain this past week.  What I can say, is that my blood pressure is probably about 50 points higher.  I will attempt to make this brief:

We had a last-minute adoption opportunity come up on Monday.  The birth mother was due in a little over 2 weeks!  I spent 4 days calling adoption attorneys and adoption agencies trying to get information about how this adoption would be able to occur with us so quickly.  We didn't have our home study completed and half our paperwork was not done.  I was scrambling all week, and then Friday night it all fell through.  It slipped out as fast as it slipped in.

Then, today, it all seemed like there was hope again.  We received a phone call that changed things again.  Now I'm sitting here having no clue what is going on.  It's a 50/50 right now.

I  always wondered how situations like this popped up for other people, and now I've been sitting here amazed that I'm the one in these shoes.  What I do know is that God has this under control.  I've come to genuinely care about this birth mother and baby and if this situation doesn't work out for us, we just pray it's the best for the two of them.  Am I stressed?  Yup.  Will I be sad?  Absolutely.  But it's OK.  

No comments:

Post a Comment