AND ANYONE WHO WELCOMES A LITTLE CHILD LIKE THIS ON MY BEHALF IS WELCOMING ME. -MATTHEW 18:5-

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Frustration already??

Today I found out what the potential total we need for adoption is...and it scared the daylights out of me.  $40,000...wow.  I was expecting $30,000, but the possible extra $10,000 was a shock to me. This is definitely going to be a major test of faith for us (and for those of you who know me well, that does NOT come easy to me!).  As I sat in the car when I got off the phone with the social worker, I just started crying and began doubting whether we are capable of this.  "Really, God?  How can we do this??".  But, He can make it happen.  He will help us give a child a forever family.

If you're reading this and feel as though the Lord is leading you to help us, we can't thank you ENOUGH for your generosity.  For those of you who want to help, but can't, your prayer is just as important and appreciated!!  THANK YOU, THANK YOU for all your support!  We are blessed.

3 comments:

  1. Amanda and John--Good luck to you as you embark on this journey God has given you. I hope everything works as you want it to and you are allowed the opportunity to love another child as your own. Little Brayden is certainly lucky. I have only met you guys a handful of times including dinner at our house for New Years that one year...but I will be praying for your family! Megan Hostetter (Matt's sister) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you and are excited about this new journey towards a new little miracle! You two are great parents and I know Brayden will just love having a new brother or sister. We are praying for this next step in your lives, for the child that our Lord is specifically choosing for you. Dad and I look forward to supporting you both financially and in prayer during this time! Love you! mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're so excited for you guys and are praying for each and every step of this amazing journey! There will be many days where you feel like giving in and question how God will provide, but keep your focus, He will bring the perfect child into your home :) We wish we could do more financially but at this time, know you are in our prayers and we are here to help however we can. Excited to see what God does and looking forward to meeting the treasure God has picked for your family!

    ReplyDelete