AND ANYONE WHO WELCOMES A LITTLE CHILD LIKE THIS ON MY BEHALF IS WELCOMING ME. -MATTHEW 18:5-

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ups and Downs...

Today was not such a good day for me in multiple respects.  Brayden had a bad night last night and was up quite a bit leaving me exhausted and with a migraine when I woke up.  As my head pounded, I called off of work and tried to get more sleep (which didn't work too well).  The rest of the day seemed to progress into more of the same.  It was about 100 degrees outside, Brayden was fussy due to lack of sleep and all he wanted to do was be outside (which we couldn't let him do because of the heat).  I was short-tempered from still not feeling well and my attitude was just going downhill thinking about all the things that need to be done.  It was one of those days where I was thinking, "What are you doing?  This adoption is too big for you.".  Thankfully God knows better than me.  And it's a good thing He knows how to encourage us when we need it most.  My day ended with a great act of generosity from a friend and local business owner who knows we are adopting.  As I walked back to my car (without having to pay my bill), I thought to myself, "God is good".  He knows our needs and  has perfect timing.  He always provides.

Our first meeting with the agency who will be doing our home study is scheduled for next Tuesday evening.  I have no idea what to expect...what I DO know is that it is when we'll be writing our first check :). When you start shelling out money it all starts to become a little more of a reality!  I'm definitely a little nervous of the unknown right now...but, it's all part of the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment