AND ANYONE WHO WELCOMES A LITTLE CHILD LIKE THIS ON MY BEHALF IS WELCOMING ME. -MATTHEW 18:5-

Friday, May 27, 2011

Here we go!!

So I think we have finally agreed on an agency.  I need to just do it before I drive myself  to insanity.  I could sit on this computer and research agencies for the next 3 months straight and potentially have no more assurance than I do now...so we decided that we just need to take the next step forward and pray that we've made the right decision.  So here we go!!  Tonight I'm going to start on our adoptive profile, which is what the birth mothers look at to pick which family they want to give their baby to.  We have to put together a little "booklet" that talks about who we are, our backgrounds, our interests/hobbies, pictures...all in hopes that someone sees us and thinks we are the ones to raise their precious little one.

I can't even imagine what these birth moms go through!  I've learned to have such an admiration for them.  They could SO easily abort their baby, but instead choose to carry it, and then give it away for the sake of the child.  Could YOU do that just because it was a better choice for your child?  I don't know if I could.  I now see it as my responsibility as their baby grows, to give them updates and pictures to let them know their baby is OK.  I didn't used to feel like that...I wanted to be selfish.  But the Lord has brought people into my life to help me see otherwise.  And I honestly feel that way now.  Amazing how God changes you!

Now the true faith begins.  We're starting this without having all the funds yet, but we need to step out in faith and let God carry us!  We will continue to be diligent and do all we humanly can and let the Lord do the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment