AND ANYONE WHO WELCOMES A LITTLE CHILD LIKE THIS ON MY BEHALF IS WELCOMING ME. -MATTHEW 18:5-

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Hiking

Prior to having Brayden, one of Jon and my favorite things to do was to go hiking.  As you can imagine, that hasn't occurred quite so frequently since then!  Today we were finally able to go again.  Those who know me well likely wonder why I love to hike so much when I HATE bugs and dirt.  Let's just say, I won't go "camping" unless it involves a camper, running water and electricity :), but hiking, that is my peace.  There is something about the smell of the air, the feel of the breeze on your skin, the colors surrounding you, and the way sunlight shines coming through the trees or reflecting off the water.  I feel like nothing else exists.  No sounds of cars or people.  No phones ringing or electrical appliances buzzing.  No one is telling you a deadline is due.  Time sort of stops and your blood pressure drops about 20 points.

Brayden ran some if it, but most of the time we had to carry him because the terrain was sort of rough and there was quite a bit of poison ivy around! (Although I had no clue what it looked like...Jon had to point it ALL out to me...see?  I wouldn't do good camping!).  What a great day it was!








No comments:

Post a Comment