AND ANYONE WHO WELCOMES A LITTLE CHILD LIKE THIS ON MY BEHALF IS WELCOMING ME. -MATTHEW 18:5-

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sharing the Crazy Life

It's amazing how many people I have come across lately that are also going through either the adoption process or becoming a foster parent.  Maybe it's that I just never paid attention before?  Was I walking through life with my eyes closed?  Very possible.  Very likely.  I've spent a large portion of my life with my eyes closed to most things...politics, finances, the difficulties of motherhood, poverty around the world, the orphan crisis.  All such heavy subjects, but I ignored even the basics.  I've been too indifferent.

I can't be indifferent anymore!  God can yell in your ear for quite some time, but at some point you just can't keep ignoring it without going nuts.  Well,  here I am.  My "indifference meter" has surged past the critical mark and now I'm trying to make up for lost time.  Sheesh...what a whirlwind.

So help me, OK?  Help me educate others on this crazy life called orphan care and adoption.  Most people admit they have no idea what is involved, what the costs are, what children need homes, where the children are from, how difficult the process is, how in NEED of families the world is.  I was one of those who had no idea.  I had SOME idea, just not enough.  I now want to be part of getting others as excited for adoption and foster care as I am.

Here is how you can help!
1.  Send this blog on to others!  Email it, post it to your FB, tweet it...whatever!
2.  Give my email to someone who may be battling with the fears or frustrations of adoption...or, someone who is interested but confused?
3.  Feel free to post comments with questions that everyone could benefit from!
4.  Help your church get excited about orphan care...it is vital.
OR...let me know what I can do for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment